The Canadian Red Ensign

The Canadian Red Ensign

Monday, May 10, 2010

I am still working on my next essay on authority and power.  I also wish to address the subject of the difference between epistemological authority and socio-political authority and to explain how the decline of both in the modern age can be traced to the same source.  That will require an essay of its own however, and it is one I may delay for a month or two.  I am also planning an essay on the difference between ideals and principles and a series of essays in defense of traditional thinking about virtue and vice.  I am yet undecided as to how I wish to address the latter topic.  One idea was to go through the traditional virtues, beginning with the classical virtues discussed by Plato and Aristotle and then moving to the Christian virtues, theological and cardinal, and devoting an essay to each.  I may, however, wish to place the emphasis on the superiority of all of these traditional virtues, to the one "virtue" recognized by contemporary society, i.e. tolerance.  Keep your eyes posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment